Monday, April 25, 2016

MY PATIO GARDEN - PART THREE

I had previously blogged about my patio garden and the design I created for it as well as my worm composter.  So today I thought I would do a quick video about the actual space that is 99% done.  I say 99% because every garden much live every interior space is a work in progress.  It evolves over time as seasons and tastes change.

Mine was interesting as I had only 100 square feet of space that is 100% concrete and some challenges such as a swinging gate door and walkability to the front door to tend with.

Overall I am very pleased with the space.  The only thing left to do is top dress the 3 raised beds which will be done in another blog post.



On a side note I am going to be doing more videos in relation to California native plants, gardening and some client projects.   Stay tuned for those as my goal is to post one video a week.

Here are some things that I have in my garden...

CA native plants - from Tree of Life Nursery:
Salvia clevelandii 'Japatul' - Japatul Cleveland Sage
Ceanothus 'Concha' - Ceanothus
Dudleya pulverulenta - Chalk Dudleya
Dudleya edulis - Dudleya
Dudleya Lanceolata - Lance Leafed Dudleya
Clarkia bottae - Farewell To Spring
Berlandiera lyrata - Chocolate Daisy

Edible plants - from Plant Depot:
Lettuce
Spinach
Parsley
Cilantro
Dill
Onion chive
Arugula

Planters:
Woolly Pockets
Raised beds from Ikea 
Greenbo railing planter

Composting:
Worm bin
Red Wiggler Worms

Accessories:
Home Goods
Cost Plus World Market
Craigslist

No comments: