Friday, October 30, 2020

POURED IN PLACE CONCRETE BACKYARD INSTALL

During this pandemic, I feel lucky to have work.  Grateful to be able to do what I love.  So when I was contacted by a lovely couple in Corona Del Mar to renovate their backyard, I will in.  They did not want to keep anything other than a few plants and wanted a space to entertain outdoor and roast some marshmallows.  

I began this project much like any by measuring the site, creating a site plan and taking analysis of the site.  Most of the site is full son with a few shady spots.  The existing concrete patio was not working for the owners and needed to be redone.  A space to have a fire pit was requested and the owners wanted a drought tolerant plant palette.  

I continued by designing two options to show what is possible for the space.  From there the client selected a design that was better suited for their needs.  Then I created detailed drawings that two contractors bid off of.  

This video depicts the process of installation.  I will post another video of what the project looks like in the evening.  



No comments: