Friday, October 13, 2017

DESIGN STORIES - NORTH TUSTIN GARDEN REVISITED

I designed this garden in 2013 when I was still living in Tustin and thought it would be fun to go back as I do on and off and see how things were growing.  In this case the homeowners wanted a garden that was comprised of mostly California native plants.  There is also a seating area and a path that leads from the front door to the driveway.  They were very clear of what their vision was and had also decided to the work themselves.  It was a true DIY garden, that turned out nicely. 

I started the process by doing a thorough analysis of their yard in terms of sun/shade, views etc.  I then created two concepts that reflected what would realistically work in the space, my vision and also their desired use of the space.  From there after they had approved a concept, then I created a detailed drawing and worked with them to make sure that they were DIY-ing the garden properly.  This video is what it looks like now 4+ years later.

No comments: