Monday, February 27, 2012

DIY OUTDOOR COFFEE TABLE WITH STORAGE

I was at the Ikea as is department a few days ago when I saw what was suppose to be a foot rest missing the cushion and cover. It was on sale for $6 and I just had to have it as I knew that this would be perfect for an outdoor coffee table. I was also able to find a scrap piece of wood at Ikea for $0.99 that would become the top of this table. As you can see the item is natural wood color. I took of the top and attached some legs (48" rod from Lowe's that I had cut into 8" pieces).

The top would be the new bottom and the bottom would be the new top. I screwed the two pieces together and painted it dark chocolate (1 can of spray paint was enough to do the job). I then added the top piece with some hinges and a decorative handle I found at a thrift store for less than a dollar. Some baskets on the inside hold my gardening stuff. This entire piece was very easy to make and cost me less than $20.

This is not a large piece but since I have a small front porch this is just the right size. I am also in process of revamping my front porch so stay tuned for another post when things are done and ready.

If you have done any DIY craft project then feel free to share. I would love hear about it.

No comments: