Thursday, October 8, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY NATIVE PLANTS

I live in Orange County, CA and I got to thinking that it might be nice to list plants that are native to this region. There are over a thousand plants that are native to Orange County and as I was sifting through the site I came across this one that made me crave nuts. Literally!

Juglans californica - Southern California Black Walnut



Deciduous tree that grows 8-25 feet high and 20 foot spread, takes full sun to partial shade and needs watering once a month

Click here to see to search for native plants in your California county. You could easily get distracted sifting through many pages, but then again it is fun and educational and a neat way to pass time. Perhaps you can invite your kids to join with you in your search.

No comments: