Monday, February 4, 2019

STRUGGLING TO WATERCOLOR

Sometimes I know exactly what I want to paint and other times I struggle to even pick up the pencil to start drawing something.  Anything.  This is a temporary obstacle that is overcome by allowing the obstacle to just sort itself out.  You may not have the groove in that moment but soon enough you will.  You see, in life there are two main types of obstacles.  The ones that you can immediately control and the ones that you cannot control, that will sort themselves out if you are willing to be patient. 

Since I had no mojo to draw I decided to watch some videos on YouTube.  After about an hour I picked up the pencil and drew something.  Not something I would be totally proud of but something.  Something is better than nothing. 

I look at this much like life.  You will always have obstacles.  Fear, doubt, lack of trust, eating unhealthy etc., but you do not need to keep those obstacles.  You can consciously choose to change and rid those obstacles from your life.  And if there are ones that you cannot control then you can ask God, the universe and your ancestors to help you. 

This is a prayer that I say to myself when I am in need to be calm and still.  "In the name of Allah most gracious most merciful.  May I have the serenity of mind not give two shits, about that which I cannot control.  Control that which is within my grasp and the wisdom to know the difference.  My I also have the compassion to treat others with kindness and respect, regardless of how they treat me."

 

No comments: