Monday, February 11, 2019

LEAVING THE ACCUSTOMED

Sometimes the familiar becomes different.  I hate to say it, but it's true.  You frequent a place for years and meet lots of interesting people.  Then one day you realize that your regular routine is no longer sparking joy.  Maybe the energy in that place has changed or perhaps you have changed.  Perhaps you have grown and outgrown that place.  Perhaps in order for your life to progress, something needs to change.  This is exactly what happened to me.

I was frequenting a place that had become my second home.  My biz office without the cost of rent.  I had been going regularly for 9 or so years.  But as I started to work on myself, both mentally and physically in order to better myself and manifest that which I desire/deserve, a shift happened.  The familiar was no longer the same.  It felt like the familiar had not grown with me. 

Making the decision to change the familiar was not easy.  In fact I experienced feelings of grief for a few days.  But I persisted, knowing that I needed to to this for my own personal growth.  In doing this I ended up having three dreams that told me (in so many words), that everything would be great. 

This then led to Saturday, where I was able to draw without feeling blocked.  I did not paint, but I drew, and drew and drew.  Now I have some drawings to paint. 

No comments: