Monday, December 31, 2018

STAY-CATION WATERCOLORING

This year I decided to take a stay-cation and not do anything business related for 9 days.  Other than one appointment that I could not cancel, I had nothing else to do.  At first I was worried.  What am going to do with all this time on my hands?  I don't want to spend money and go somewhere, but I also did not know what I wanted to do.  I had planned nothing and figured that I would just go with the flow.  Well, I ended spending most of my stay-cation watercoloring and spending time with family and friends.  All in all it ended up being a good week.

I did not realize util today how much I needed that time off.  I also got to spend some time with a very important person.  Me!  Time to reflect on 2018 and make some goals for 2019.  I also got to take myself out of my comfort zone in painting.  The first three paintings I did, were of boob planters.  Yes you read that right.  I was inspired by a random image that showed on my Instagram #decor feed.  I don't even recall at this point what the original image looked like.  Hah.  Sometimes you have to step outside the box and do something that you would not normally do, in order to have an experience that somehow moves you. 



No comments: