Monday, July 9, 2018

REVISITING A GARDEN IN YORBA LINDA

I recently got to go revisit a back yard in Yorba Linda that I had designed that was installed in 2016.  It has been over a year since the project got put in and things are looking great.  Most everything is thriving.  A few plants met their maker and were replaced but overall I am really pleased with how this garden turned out.  The homeowners are retired and the husband casually putters in the garden from time to time. 

In this garden I designed functional decomposed granite paths that also pull double duty as a faux dry stream bed.  These paths are surrounded by lots of mostly California native plants and some existing plants.  There are also some decorative features and a flagstone seating area. 

Overall I am really pleased with how this garden turned out and has matured.  I will do a video update soon. 

No comments: