Tuesday, June 25, 2013

SOLAR LIGHT MASON JARS

I live on the second floor in a condo complex and the only light source I have is standard condo lighting which is nice and bright but sometimes I just want a bit more mood friendly lighting. I can't have anything permanent, which meant that I had to get creative with what I could do. It had to be functional and something that my HOA would not frown upon. I decided that I wanted to have solar lights that could hang and thus created solar light mason jars.

Supplies you will need are:
  • 8 oz mason jars - $10.99 at smart and final for a 12 pack.
  • Solar lights - at the 99 cent store
  • Aluminum foil tape - at the 99 cent store.
  • String - any color that suits your fancy
I chose silver colored solar lights and aluminum tape because the lid of the mason jars are silver colored, which coordinated well together.  

Steps to  making the solar lights:

  1. Remove the lid from the mason jar and remove the solar light from it's base.
  2. Wrap the solar light twice with aluminum tape to ensure that it stays snug in the jar without falling to the bottom.  
  3. Trim off the aluminum tape excess. 
  4. Wrap string around the solar light 
  5. Place the solar light in the jar.
  6. Put the top on the light.
  7. Hang in your desired place.  
In total I spent about $30 in materials (about 30 minutes to an hour of time) and have 12 mason jar solar lights in my front porch garden.  This is even something that you can do with your kids. Super simple and easy.


1 comment:

Jessica Robert said...

Solar area lighting is put in with very little fuss and technical data. little post vogue lights used for lighting walkways and edges solely have to be compelled to be stuck into the bottom as they need in-built star panels.

Solar Street Lights & Parking Lot Lighting