Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#LANDSCAPECHAT ON TWITTER

Today I was catching up on social media marketing and getting to all those things that got put on hold. All of sudden I randomly stumbled upon a Twitter chat about landscapes (#landscapechat). For slightly over an hour me (@earthfriendlyla) and bunch of different landscape companies and a few landscape product vendors and contractors ended up chatting. The topic was a mixture of water, permeable paving and a few other things. I just love it how we can live so far apart and yet be connected through one site. Engaged in a conversation that really needs to be talked about. Water is a valuable resource that is being seriously depleted. Wasted is more like it. This got me to thinking that I need to do more post about said subject.

What I am having difficulty wrestling with is how some people use the "some one else will take care of it" stance. What if that someone else who could take care of it is assuming that you will so they don't have to. This has also gotten me to think about how much water I consume and or waste (future blog post about my attempt to save).

This is where I would like to offer a challenge for all of you to not assume that someone else is taking care of it. I wonder if you actually looked and evaluated you life would you be able to honestly tell me how much water you use. We shall see.

The attached picture is a snippet of today #landscapechat.

No comments: