The Municipal Water District of Orange County has an awesome turf removal program that you should take advantage of. It's really simple and here is how it works (info from the mwdoc website).
Click here to read the participation process and read the eligibility requirements. Click here
- Only one turf removal rebate per address will be issued.
- A minimum of 250 square feet of turn must be removed.
- A maximum of 10,00 square feet of turf may be removed.
- Notices to proceed are valid for 60 days. Projects must be completed and the post turf removal site inspection scheduled prior to the authorization expiring.
- Rebates may be considered taxable income and a signed IRS W-9 form is required for rebates of $600 or more.
- Converted areas are subject to mandatory pre and post turf removal site inspections.
- The converted area must remain in compliance with all program conditions for a period of 5 years.
for the application. Below is a list of participating retail water agencies.
If you are interested in killing your lawn and not sure what to do next then you can contact me
- City of Brea
- East Orange County Water District
- El Toro Water District
- City of Fountain Valley
- City of Garden Grove
- Golden State Water Company
- City of Huntington Beach
- Irvine Ranch Water District
- City of La Habra
- Laguna Beach County Water District
- Mesa Consolidated Water District
- Moulton Niguel Water District
- City of Newport Beach
- City of Orange
- City of San Clemente
- City of San Juan Capistrano
- Santa Margarita Water District
- City of Seal Beach
- South Coast Water District
- Trabuco Canyon Water District
- City of Tustin
and I would be happy to help you with a one hour consultation to give you all kinds of ideas for your garden.
Post a Comment