Tuesday, September 13, 2011

10 PLANTS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER PLANTING

I am all about planting natives but I also like the idea of being able to go grocery shopping in my own garden. I believe that the combination of both can really make for a great sustainable garden. You will get to enjoy the sights and sounds of the beautiful wildlife that will come to the natives. You will also get to eat organically from your own garden. It's a win win for both you and the environment. Below are a list o 5 California native and 5 edible plants that you should consider planting in your garden.

5 California native to use...

  1. Arctostaphylos densiflora "Howard Mcminn"
  2. Ceanothus thyrsiflorus "skylark"
  3. Heuchera maxima
  4. Penstemon margarita (pictured)
  5. Salvia clevelandii
5 edible plants to use...
  1. Basil
  2. Cirtus
  3. Mixed greens
  4. Peppers
  5. Tomatoes
If you would like assistance to determine which other California natives and or edibles then shoot me an email and I would be happy help you out. You can also check out my September special offer.

No comments: