- 1/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes (I am vegetarian so mine will be meatless)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 carrots, sliced
- 1/8 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules (any suggestions for substitutes?)
- 1/8 sugar pumpkin
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Place beef in the saucepan and cook until evenly brown. Mix in the water, potatoes, carrots, green bell pepper, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 2 hours.
- Dissolve the bouillon into the beef mixture. Stir in the tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut top off the pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp. Place the pumpkin in a heavy baking pan. Fill the pumpkin with the beef mixture. Brush outside of the pumpkin with remaining oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven 2 hours, or until tender. Serve the stew from the pumpkin, scraping out some of the pumpkin meat with each serving.
Post a Comment