Cal flora is a non profit and was created as a collaborative research project to collect and re-distribute information about California's wild plants, including habitat descriptions, photographs, observations, nomenclature, and distribution maps.
The database provides:
- comprehensive habitat and distribution information for wild plants
- 800,000 plant location observations
- information on over 30,000 relationships between old and new plant names
- access to hundreds of thousands of photographs of California plants
- online tools that help users find, display, and download the information they need