Trees: Apricot, Bay Laurel, Citrus, Fig, Loquat, Olive and Pomegranate.
Shrubs: Artichoke, Caper, Citrus, Guava and Loquat.
Vines: Dragon fruit, Grape, Passion fruit.
You can also grow various other fruits and vegetables and herbs depending on what you desire.
Now that you have determined what you want to grow follow these tips to ensure a bountiful harvest.
- Do your homework - once you have decided what kind of edibles you want to plant, do your homework and determine the correct growing conditions for your edibles. Do not plant randomly. Having a design on paper will make the planting process easier and more cost effective.
- Use starter pots - if you are planting from a seed you may want to use a starter pot and then when the seedlings are large enough you can transplant them in the ground.
- Keep seeds moist - germinating seeds need constant moisture. Frequent, light gentle sprinklings are best.
- Feed the soil - prepare the soil by adding organic matter. A great place to get organic matter is from the compost pile. If you do not compost I bet you know someone that does.
- Plant in cycles - try planting a few seeds every two weeks and not all at once. This will ensure a longer crop, since the plants will mature at different times.
- Plant for each season - plant things that will grow at different seasons so that each season you have something to eat and share with your loved ones.