Wednesday, January 3, 2018

TOP 4 IDEAS FOR PLANTING OUTSIDE THE BOX

I love the idea of being able to garden regardless of where you live or how much space you have.  Your options are endless and truth be told you are only limited by your imagination.  You can have a wide range of containers in varying sizes.  You could even plant outside the box and use unconventional things as containers.  Here are 4 ideas to plant outside the box.

The first is to use tin containers.  I drink a shit load of tea and there are a few tea brands I love.  But I don't want to just toss there containers in the landfill so I re-use them as planters.  In this case I have some Dudleya's growing in tea containers.

The second is to use a decor item.  I bought this spiky decor thingy at Home Goods.  There was something about it that caught my eye and I had to have it.  At first I had put a candle in it until it dawned on me that I could plant in it.  This one has the String Of Hearts plant in it.  There is no drainage hole so this does not get watered much, but as you can see in the photo it is growing nicely.

The third is a custom planter.  Something unique that not every one and their cousin has.  This can be a cat skull pot head or a mini ceramic skull with an air plant in it.  Whatever it is it can be unique to you and your decor.  I love skulls and have two cats, so these were perfect for me.  I bought them from Etsy.  If you are crafty enough then you could make your own.

The fourth planting outside the box idea is to use mason jars.  They come in varying sizes and are inexpensive to buy.  In this case I bought a special lid from Micheal's that allows it to hang and planted a pothos inside.  This would also be a good idea if you planted a small Fern and had it hanging  in the bathroom.  This is also perfect for gardening up if space is limited.

Think of it this way...  How you garden and with what you garden with really depends on your taste.  As long as the plant is suitable for your sun/shade area and as long as you can water each container weekly then you too can garden.

If you have gardened outside the box then comment below and tell me what you did.  I am curious to see.






No comments: