Tuesday, June 24, 2014

WE WON THIRD PLACE

Recently I entered my Fullerton clients garden into the Rogers Gardens California friendly garden contest.  There were 10+ entries and much to my surprise we took third place.  I say we because while I designed the garden someone else (aka Terra Prima) installed the garden.  This was truly a team effort.

Some features of this garden are:

  • 70% California native plants
  • 30% California friendly plants
  • Dry creek bed
  • A bridge that leads to a secret garden
  • Decomposed granite path
  • Energy efficient irrigation and lighting system

This is why I strongly advocate hiring professionals.  As professionals we have had not only the educational training but also the real world experience to design a garden that is not only beneficial to this environment but also soft on your wallet.  What you need to consider is that the amount of time that it would take you to do the design and install yourself is ultimately going to cost more then if you hire a professional.  Time is money and the less of it that you spend the better.

If you live in Orange County, CA and are looking for some guidance on your landscape then do not hesitate to contact me for a complimentary half hour consultation.

The pictures posted here are of the winning garden.




No comments: