Monday, April 15, 2019

THE LION THAT COULD

I love to search Etsy for things to inspire me.  Whether it be a piece of art or some handmade jewelry, I love to just casually search for inspiration.  So the other day I found this picture of a lion watercolor painting that caught my eye.  I wanted to recreate it, but I was fearful.  I am not good at painting animals or people.  Yet I realize that the only way to get better is to practice.  

That being said, last night I sat on the couch and painted this bad boy.  Only to realize that while I liked what I had done, it was not as great as the original.  That's OK I told myself.  Nothing is going to be perfect and maybe this is meant to teach you a lesson.  That you have to be patient and understand that things take time.  Eventually with practice, you will get the hang of it.  Just not right now.  So I redrew the lion and intend to paint it again and try a second round.  

Side note:  even if I paint it semi decently better than the first time, this will not be a piece that I would sell.  Why?  Because it would not be fair to the original artist.  


No comments: