Friday, December 30, 2016

TOP 3 CEANOTHUS TO TRY IN YOUR GARDEN

Ceanothus or otherwise known as Wild Lilac is a great plant for any yard that has a lot of sun.  There are over dozens of varieties to choose from.  Each (most of them) with beautiful green leaves and stunning cobalt blue flowers.  They range in size from the 1' tall ground covers to 15'+ tall small trees.  With so many varieties how do you know what to choose?  The first thing to consider is what situation you want to use it for.  A ground cover or something taller to screen the neighbors?  Regardless in this video I show you 3 to consider of varying sizes.



These 3 Ceanothus are:

  • Ceanothus 'Yankee Point' - Yankee Point Ceanothus
  • Ceanothus 'Dark Star' - Dark Star Ceanothus 
  • Ceanothus Ray Hartman - Ceanothus
If you have tried any of these or other Ceanothus in your garden then comment below and let me what what you have tried.  I am curious to know what has worked for you.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a Catalina Island Ceanothus that is on the east side of the house(front) at the south corner that is about 15-16 feet tall now. For the first few years I left it as a bush and then I trimmed it like a small tree.
I love it. I've also hAd Dark Star and Yankee Point. The Dark Star flopped over and didn't do well.
The Yankee points grew fast and intensely and are a beautiful choice.