Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

I have a digital vision board that I created which lists all the things I would like to accomplish or have in my life. I had not looked at this list in years until now. The nice part is that some of the items on the list I was able to cross off as accomplished. Other things on the list are up in the air. I realized that perhaps if I am attempting to encourage you to make resolutions then perhaps I should follow suit and do the same. On that note I revised my vision board and thought I would share some of what's on there.

  1. Grow business - no matter what, this is something that any business owner will have on any life list. I want my business to grow to the point where I can financially breath right.
  2. Improve my credit report and finances - I fit the typical story of a former college student that got credit cards and spent and spent... If only someone had warned me! Now I am paying for those mistakes. Some how before 2012 (god willing hah) I will have better credit and less debt.
  3. Be a better landscape designer - I love designing landscapes and living my passion. But even the sharpest tools in the shed could use a bit of extra sharpening. I like to believe that I am a great designer who can always strengthen and grow more.
  4. Connect with Mr. Right - OK so this has nothing to do with earth friendly landscapes but it does have to do with me as a person. Wanting to find the right person is something that anyone would ultimately hope for. "I am human and I need to be loved. Just like everybody else does" The Smiths :-)
  5. Exercise more often - I will admit that I don't work out as often as I should but this year will be different. This year I will loose those extra few pounds and stop the yo yo effect on my body.
  6. Get out more often - as a designer I spend most of my time at the office. As much as I love what I do, I need to get out more often and just enjoy the beauty of the natural environment.
  7. Go someplace outside of California - this is something I have not done is many years. It's called a vacation (what's that haha) and somehow I will take one before 2012.
  8. Be a better mother to my kids - I should clarify that my kids are legally classified as felines. One 7 year old male (Mylo) and one 4 year old female (Doti). I love them as if they were biologically mine and vow to be a good mother. :-)
I am curious what is your new years resolution? I hope that this year brings you lots of happiness, joy and all the good things that you desire.

The above photo is of my cat Mylo who's new years resolution is to be more sneaky and not get caught. The other is Doti who loves to sleep and do not much of anything.

No comments: