Wednesday, September 4, 2019

MY GARDEN VISITOR

I have a 100 square foot pad of concrete outside my front door that is essentially, my garden.  The only space I have in my 424 square foot condo to do any sort of gardening.  Although at the moment I have no plants in my pots (planning to soon) I still do get some visitors in my garden.  Normally, it's the spiders and such that come to say hello.  But this time it was Arleesha the praying mantis.  I named her Arleesha because the name was in my head and I had to give her a name of some sort. 

She was hanging on the inside of my security door.  I am not sure how she got there since I never leave that door wide open.  But somehow she did.  She was mesmerizing and I just could not stop staring at her.  As far as I am aware this is the first time I had seen one in real life.  She was calm, cool, collected and had a way about her.  As if she did not give two shits about others and how slow or fast they moved.  She was moving to her own beat. 

I knew she was there for a reason.  To remind me to be calm, patient yet introspective.  She slowly move to the outside of the door.  As I closed the door, she jumped on the ground and just sat there.  I had to leave for a client meeting and to run some errands.  When I returned hours later, she was still around.  This time she was hanging off of a decorative metal ornament that have resting on a table.  She was swaying back and forth.  Much like you do when your favorite song is playing and you are moving to it's beat.  Although I never saw her again, she will never be forgotten.  Maybe if I get my ass in gear and finish my garden, then she may return. 

No comments: