Friday, October 20, 2017

GROWING CALIFORNIA NATIVE PLANTS WITH HERS EXPERIMENT

Can California native plants grow in the same pot as herbs?  Well this is an experiment that I am trying.  On the one hand I love the idea of growing California native plants but on the other hand I also love the idea of growing herbs that I use often in cooking.  Since my garden is only 100 square feet, I have to get creative.  It is also a no land garden.  Meaning that there is no land to plant in.  No matter what I do, it will have to be in pots.

I have three pots.  A 15, 12 and 10 inch that bought at Plant Depot.  The plants are from Tree of Life Nursery and Green thumb Nursery.  In one 12" pot I planted some Ceanothus concha with a Dudleya and Yerba Buena.   In the 15" pot I planted a Pacific Wax Myrtle with a Dudleya and some Cilantro.  In the 10" pot I planted a Japatul Cleveland Sage with a Dudleya and Chives.  Watch the video to learn more about this experiment and to see a sneak peak at my patio garden.




No comments: