Here is a quick how to use guide taken from the product website...
- Select a round, tapered container measuring 12 to 24 inches in diameter at the top rim.
- Measure about half-way down into your container for most plant varieties; at that depth measure across the container to determine the width. This will be the insert size you will need.
- Place the Ups-A-Daisy insert into the container, label side up. It should fit securely about half-way down for most plant varieties and slightly deeper for tall or deep rooted plants.
- Fill the container with potting soil to one inch below the rim.
- Whoa-la you are ready to go with a beautiful container garden.